Friday, July 22, 2011

E Q U U S


A few days ago I posted about the things I personally think it takes to make your blog a success, one of the main things I forgot to add is to always be yourself. I mean, it seems like such an obvious point how could I forget it! And then I sort of realized that maybe the reason I left it out is I haven't been completely honest with you guys.
When I started this blog I wanted to create something that was 100% me. But then I noticed that the only posts I ever seemed to get comments on were the outfit/style related ones, and I'll admit I got a little bit scared off. Since I started following the lovely Annika from According to Annika I've been so inspired by the relationship she has with her readers, she shares real, personal stories about her life and the response is always great. So I've decided as well as keeping you updated with my outfits and what not, I would share some more personal posts about my life. Here we go;

For 13 years horse riding was a huge part of my life. Huge as in, I trained every day for hours, went to competitions every weekend, had my heart set on representing Australia internationally. And I'm not going to lie, I was good. I had represented my school on a state level, I had won Championships within my region, I had too many blue ribbons to count. And then one day, reality had to stick it's nose in. I was going through my last year of school, I had no idea where 2011 was going to take me, and frankly after 13 hard years I was completely burnt out. So in September 2010 I had to make the tough decision to give up the dream and sell my best friend. It was probably one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make and still to this day I miss him loads. I cling to the hope that one day when I've settled down I'll be able to start riding again and feel that joy I once knew so well.
Better than any boyfriend, better than any best friend. He was my soul mate and I miss him everyday. I'll never forget the way he'd call out to me every morning as I walked to the bus stop, the way it felt to soar across jumps in the competition ring, the awesome feeling when we both learnt something new at a training session, galloping full pelt along the beach. Those are feelings I know I'll never find anywhere else in life. There is no greater love than that of a girl and her horse.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to sell your horse! I ride horses and I completely understand when you say your horse was your soul mate. Mine is too. I have no clue what I would do without him. I am so glad you shared this. Did you to hunters? I don't know what it's called in Australia but in the US I show in the hunters. Beautiful pictures, too!


    momentsof-eternity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Makena. I was an eventer; dressage, showjumping and cross country all rolled into one. I WISH I had more photos of us competing together but my mum never had time to take shots as she was always helping me with the behind the scenes preparation stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The only posts I ever seemed to get comments on were the outfit/style related ones" - I can soooo relate to this. I think it's the reason why my blog got into a slump and feels so unpersonal to me. I'm trying to get things back on track :)

    I'm sorry to hear you had to sell your horse. :s I can't imagine how that feels... I never really had a hobby nor have I ever rode a horse. My aunt is a (hobby) trainer and she used to have a merry named Bella, but she got really sick. She was old :) I really appreciate you shared this view into your personal life :) I really hope you can ride again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx for ur email on ifb. I like ur blog very much and following now.
    Maybe u want to have a look on my blog.
    I would appreciate it, if u left a comment.

    xx
    mingsen


    www.nakedblodds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I know everyone says this but I actually do read all of your comments, (and appreciate every single one) and if you ask any questions I'll try my very best to answer it. However I will not respond to any 'Follow Me' comments, and any comments that appear to be blatant spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...