Saturday, February 11, 2012

T R E N D I N G

All images from style.com

I am in love with sorbet. No, not the ice cream, the colour scheme. First seen at Chanel then cemented as a major trend for 2012 by Louis Vuitton, it's girly, it's sugary and it's taking the world by storm. Quieter than it's older, and slightly pretentious sister 'colour blocking' yet a bit more interesting than pure minimalism, it is the breath of fresh air that I've been craving for a while. Giving new life to an acid fueled colour palette that is quite frankly getting to be a little much for my demure taste.
The great thing about sorbet is that it's not purely limited to sun dresses and tweed bolero's, it's such a versatile colour scheme. Seen on flowy gowns for Dior, structured blazers for Givenchy and office-worthy pencil skirts at Jil Sander it is the every-mans palette. My personal favourite? The lacy, fairy-floss pink blouse at Valentino, such a gorgeous girly piece and so easily paired with countless other pieces. That's the other wonderful thing about the sorbet trend, not only are their countless colour combinations that can be created with other colour families, but sorbet colours also go really well together. Think a baby pink blouse with lemon sherbert palazzo pants and a smoky grey jacket to complete the combination. Mint green dress with sky blue blazer. Your spoilt for choice when it comes to sorbet.
Only major downside? Having to wait a few months before the new season stock hits stores.

9 comments:

  1. I loooove pastels! That purple jumper is so pretty. Can't wait until it gets cooler so I can wear that sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love it too! Sorbet & pastels are such gorgeous colours, I can't wait to get my hands on some pieces for my wardrobe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure the name of my blog hints to my love of pastels, namely mint, so this post is like heaven to me. What's interesting is that this time last year people were going gaga over lilac and mint and all the other pretty pastels, but it's only now that they're being recognised as a 'trend'. Also, if I ever hear the word 'colour-blocking' again, I'll shoot myself in the foot. That was definitely one of the worser trends of the year; it had everyone looking like those lifesaver ice blocks. Not a good look. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving pastel colours - especially lilacs and pinks. Lovely :)


    awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just cannot wait for spring! I really wanna wear light clothes and pastels!

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! Snow is beautiful but believe me I wouldn't miss it if I moved a place warmer :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with pastel colours! I can't get enough of them. I just bought some wonderful mint green ballet pumps from Primark and I can't wait to crack them out!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I looove the trousers and I so want this sweater!Ur blog´s lovely, I´m happily following u now :)
    And I´m always happy to have visitors so maybe u drop by my blog if u have time!

    Hope u have a lovely week!

    xxx Lizzy
    http://lizbeechwood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. in love with the green pants! xx

    golden-silhouettes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I know everyone says this but I actually do read all of your comments, (and appreciate every single one) and if you ask any questions I'll try my very best to answer it. However I will not respond to any 'Follow Me' comments, and any comments that appear to be blatant spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...