Tuesday, June 21, 2011

M E M O R Y

Skirt, belt and glass beads; Vintage. Shirt and Jacket; Jay Jays. Ballet flats; Kmart.

It never ceases to amaze me how I can always find what I'm looking for in an op-shop. I decided I needed a high waisted black skirt in my wardrobe and that same day walked into my local charity shop and low and behold there it was! Whenever I wear this skirt I sort of feel like a Gothic cheerleader from the 1980's...but I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing right? That's what I love most about fashion, how when I wear certain things it's almost like I become another person. I love being able to embody a certain character simply through wearing a certain thing. This outfit is particularly special to me because I am wearing my nan's glass beads, she passed away a few years ago and the one solid memory I have of her is playing dress ups in her room with these beads, it's the little details like this that make an outfit extra special.

As some of you might know, I'm entered in the Nokia and Elle Style Correspondent competition, if I am one of the 8 finalists I get to travel to NY and go backstage at Fashion Week. If you have a spare moment at all in your day, I'd super appreciate your vote, just find 'Nokia' on facebook and like their page, then 'like' my style photo. I have been day dreaming about skipping through Central Park since I was about four, so getting to attend Fashion Week would be an absolute dream come true.  And finally a few more little things, we've got a tumblr, you can follow us here!

5 comments:

  1. I love the story about you nans beads.
    Good luck & I hope you get to skip through Central Park. Its Amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nick, thanks so much. I hope I get to too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lovely outfit. I have the same luck. I needed a high waisted red skirt and I got one for a $1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! I like the scenery in your pics :)

    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete

I know everyone says this but I actually do read all of your comments, (and appreciate every single one) and if you ask any questions I'll try my very best to answer it. However I will not respond to any 'Follow Me' comments, and any comments that appear to be blatant spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...