Sunday, March 27, 2011

B L O G G E R O F T H E W E E K .



Ok guys, it's that time of the week again! This week we got to interview the charming Vicki from 'Magpie Girl'.
Here's what we talked about this week.



Ok, one obvious question that I think needs to answered immediately, is your favourite bird actually a Magpie? Can you fill us in on the origins of your blog name?

Lol. I've actually never been asked if my favourite bird is a magpie before! Unfortunately they aren't very nice birds so no they aren't my favourite bird. The reason my blog is named after them is due to the fact that they love shiny and sparkly things, they've been known to collect tin foil and anything shiny in their nests. Which is kinda like me! Before I started my blog I wanted to open a little fashion boutique called Magpie's Nest, which would stock lots of fashion treasures...so when I started my blog my inspiration came from this. Over time I've become the magpie girl.






If you had to wear only three items of clothing for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?


A pair of lace up flat brogues...a polka dot or striped dress and boyfriend fit cardigan.




If you could dress any celebrity who would it be and how would you dress them?


Ooh good question! I think Rihanna, not that she needs any styling help, but I'd dress her up in a nautical inspired outfit..gold jewellery, blue and white stripes the works..I think it would look great with her red hair.




Why do you think people enjoy reading your blog so much?


Good question! I don't know! I try and keep my blog relateable. I mean I'm just a normal fashion obsessed girl! I also try and keep it upbeat and witty which I hope people enjoy.


Your style is a wonderful mix of casual street style with a hint of granny thrown in. How do you go about styling an outfit?


Haha, why thank you! It really depends on my mood...I am obsessed with patterns and prints so you will never see me wearing all black or an outfit without some florals, stripes or spots. I guess most days I open my wardrobe and let one item grab me and build an outfit around it. Whether it be a necklace, a dress or a pair of shoes.





What is your ultimate 'comfy day in' outfit?


A pair of leggings, my fuzzy slipper boots and an oversized jumper.




How do you think personal style blogs like 'Magpie Girl' have altered peoples perception of fashion?


I think it shows that no matter where you live and how much money you have you can have fun with fashion. You can be fashionable.
People no longer want to follow the pack and look like celebrities, bloggers have enriched fashion.You can be inspired, be someone you dont know half way across the world. It has made the fashion world alot smaller and more accessible for everyone.




This is quickly starting to become my favourite part of these interviews. Scenario time! It's 2.00 in the afternoon you have a job interview at 2.15 and the heel on your favourite pair of shoes just snapped. What do you do?


Panic firstly...I'm not good under pressure. Then run into primark and buy a pair of flats.




Where do you see yourself and 'Magpie Girl' heading in the coming months?


Hopefully still doing what I'm doing now..steadily improving my photography skills in digital and in film 
(I recently got a Diana mine and Diana f+) steadily experimenting more with my style, my writing skills and my confidence in front of the camera. I'm also working with a graphic designer at the minute in creating a whole new look for my blog...and I also have a few fun collaborations on the horizon with fashion companies! :)




Last but not least, your five preferences!
Hats or vests?
Hats!


Bus or train?
Train. Buses make me travel sick!


Christmas or birthday?
Christmas, then everyone can enjoy it and not just me :)


Sweet or savory?
Hmmmm...sweet. No savory!


Watch the movie or read the book?
Both!





We are huge fans of both Vicki's blog and her killer personal style, if you aren't already following Magpie girl make sure you do. You can find it here.


Please note, all photos are taken from Magpie Girl and so all rights belong to 'Magpie Girl'


If you yourself are interested in being our next blogger of the week, or have someone you'd like to see interviewed shoot us an email at wrinklevintage@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know everyone says this but I actually do read all of your comments, (and appreciate every single one) and if you ask any questions I'll try my very best to answer it. However I will not respond to any 'Follow Me' comments, and any comments that appear to be blatant spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...